Saturday, June 28, 2014

Kale, bacon & onion

I've been working lately on eating healthier, especially homegrown food and when I heard a friend still had kale growing in her garden I asked for some! 

Kale is a leafy green that is packed with flavonoids which have antioxidant and anti-inflamatory benefits. It's called a "super food" that can help lower cholesterol, detox your body, and lower your chances of certain cancers!!



She said she loves to sautée the kale with a little bit of bacon and some onion. So this week I tested it out!



It was delicious! Thank you Gaytha for the fresh kale from your garden! 

Tips on cooking kale: cut the stem out from the middle of the leaf, it can be very tough and difficult to eat. Please let me know if you have other recipes that include kale!

No comments:

Post a Comment