Saturday, May 31, 2014

Kathrinka thinks...

...we need more JOY in our lives! 


Do you ever feel like this: 



Yeah...me too sometimes. But it doesn't have to be that way, we make the decision to be joyful. It's even found in the Bible:


"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" (Philippians 4:4 NIV)


So, next time you feel down, REJOICE in The Lord! He has given you life! Enjoy every moment of it! Today I will rejoice because:

- I have breath for another day!

- I have a God who loves me unconditionally!

- My husband is a great man who I highly respect!

- I have a home (a 552 sq ft "square" room, but it's our home that we've been blessed with for the time being!) 

- I have a great job!

- My family is awesome, supportive, and loving!

- I have five beautiful nieces!!

- My church family is just as awesome as my biological family! 

- I am blessed with wonderful friends!!


We are called to be like Christ. I encourage you to find out who Jesus Christ is, how he shared love with people, how he sacrificed so that we may have eternal joy, how he loves unconditionally and how he helps people. 


"Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus..." (Philippians 2:1-5 NIV)


Let's look to the needs of others, express your joy today in what you're thankful for and then seek out how you can attend to the interests of others. Be a blessing to someone else today! 


Here's a little handmade token from me as a reminder to find the joy in your life today...




Aaaannnnddd something cute to make you smile. :) This photo is of me and my brothers when we were young. Enjoy your day today! 





No comments:

Post a Comment